family & friends
 
HomeRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Star's Family Photos.
by Admin Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 pm

» Hindi Film Songs
by Admin Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 pm

» Great thoughts & words
by Admin Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 pm

» ALBUM SONGS...
by Admin Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 pm

» Malayalam Film Songs
by Admin Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 am

» Rainy Pics
by Admin Thu May 08, 2014 7:02 pm

» FACES From Film Industries......
by Admin Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 am


Share | 
 

 News - Film News!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:01 am

Big B is best actor for 'Paa', Malayalam film Kutty Srank' best feature of 2009









NEW DELHI/MUMBAI: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been selected to receive the best actor award for his role in the film Paa while Ananya Chatterjee is to get the best actress award for her role in the film Bengali film Abohoman by Rituparno Ghosh who has been chosen for the best director award in the 57th National Film Awards for 2009.

The Malayalam film Kutty Srank, directed by the wellknown Shaji N Karun, has been chosen as the best feature film of the year and has also won four other awards in different categories: cinematography by Anjali Shukla, original screenplay by PF Mathews and Harikrishna and costume design by Jayakumar. Its editor Sreekar Prasad won a Special Jury award for this and two other films: the Hindi film Kaminey and Kerala Varma Pazhazzi Raja in Malayalam. This is the first time that a woman cinematographer has won the national award in the category.

The Aamir Khan-starrer 3 Idiots by Raj Kumar Hirani won the award for best popular film providing wholesome entertainment, apart from getting two other awards: best re-recording of the final mixed track for Anup Dev and best lyric Behti Hawaa Ka Thha Woh by Swanand Kirkire.

Lahore in Hindi by Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan has won the Indira Gandhi award for best debut film of a director, with actor Farouque Shaikh getting the best supporting actor award.

The best supporting actress award went to Arundhati Naag for her role in Paa, which also received the award for best Hindi film of the year and best make-up for Christein Tinkey and Dominie Till. The film was produced by Amitabh Bachchan’s AB Corp.

The Nargis Dutt award for the best film on national integration went to Delhi 6 by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. The film also received an award for best production design for Samir Chanda.

Shyam Benegal’s film Well Done Abba got the award for best film on social issues while the best children’s film award was shared by Putaani Party in Kannada by Ramachandra PN and Keshu by Sivan. Both these films were produced by the Children’s Film Society, India.

The awards were announced by the feature film jury chairman Ramesh Sippy, non-feature jury headed by Mike Pandey and book jury member Sharad Dutt (in the absence of Chairman Samik Bandopadhyay), in the presence of additional director general in charge of the Directorate of Film Festivals SM Khan and several jury members.

The awards this year had been selected in a two-tier process: first by five regional juries and then by the central jury.




The award money ranges between Rs 50,000 for Rajat Kamal to Rs 2,50,000 for Swarna Kamal. The awards are expected to be presented in mid-October.

Khan said that with this announcement, the backlog of the national film awards created by a legal case in Delhi High Court had been cleared.

Best child actor award went to Jeeva and Anba Karasu for their role in the film Pasanga (Tamil) by Pandiraj which also won the best Tamil Film award and best dialogues, also written by Pandiraj.

The best non-feature film award was shared by The Postman by B Manohar and Bilal by Saurav Sarangi. Cinema Yaana in Kannada by K Puttaswamy received the best Book on film award while CS venkateswaran who writes in Malayalam won the best critic award. The Marathi book Eka Studioche Atmavrutta by Prabhakar Pendharkar got a special mention.

Rupam Islam won the best male playback singer award for Mahanagar@Kolkata in Bengali while Neelanjana Sarkar got the female singer award for the Bengali film Houseful.

The award for best adapted screenplay went to the Kannada film Kanasemba Kudureyaneri.

The Hindi film Kaminey received the best location sound award for Subash Sahoo while Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja received the sound designer award for Resool Pookutty, who was winner of the Oscar for Slumdog Millionnaire.

Abohoman has also won awards for best Bengali language film and best editing for Arghyakamal Mitra.

The best music direction award went to Anuraj Kashyap’s Hindi film Dev D with music by Amrit Trivedi while Ilayaraja got the best playback music award for Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja, which has also got the best Malayalam film award for T Hariharan.

The Telugu film Magadheera received awards for special effects for R Kamal Kannan and choreography for K Siva Sankar.

The other awards for the regional languages went to: Assamese – Basundhara by Hiren Bara; Kannada – Kanasemba Kudureyaneri by Girish Kasarvalli; Konkani – Palatadcho Munis by Laxmikant Shetgaonkar produced by the National Film Development Corporation; and Marathi – Natarang by Ravindra Harichandra Jadhav.

In the non-feature awards, some of the main awards were: best debut shared by Kaushal Oza for Vaishnav Jan Toh and FTII’s Tathagata Singha for Ekti Kaktaliyo Golpo; compilation film Pandham Unmixed by Brahmanand S Singh on RD Burman; environment – In For Motion by Anirban Dutta; social issues – Mr India by Haobam Paban Kumar; Special award for child artiste Aasna Aslam in Kelkkunnundo; short fiction Boond by Abhishek Pathak; cinematography for Deepu S Unni for Gaarud which got the re-recordisng award for Lipika Singh Daral; editor Tarun Bhartiya and narrator Ranjan Palit for In Camera; and special mention to Nitika Bhagat for Vijay.



Last edited by blinkingstar on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:04 am

Most Popular Film --- 3 Idiots ...


Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:44 am

Pranchiyettan and the Saint | Promo Trailer 1


Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:54 pm


malayalam superstar Mohanlal, who returns to Hindi movies with Priyadarshan's next, says he is still puzzled why he is not in Vishal Bharadwaj's Saat Khoon Maaf.

"I was on for the role. I had been finalised and signed. I was not even told why my services were not needed. But I'd rather not talk about this. I'd rather focus on talking about Priyan's film," said Mohanlal, 50, who was to play one of Priyanka Chopra's seven husbands in the film.

Right now he is excited about Priyadarshan's thriller, which will be shot on a speeding train in London. This is Mohanalal and Priyan's 40th film together.

"I haven't asked Priyan what my role is. He told me he needed me for a cameo. And I agreed," said the actor whose last Hindi movie was the disastrous Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag.

In Priyadarshan's film, Mohanlal plays a Malayali cop in Britain. In Varma's Company he had played a south Indian police commissioner. In both cases, the characters were altered for Mohanlal's sake. But the actor says language is not a barrier anymore.

"The language is not really important. I am shooting a terrorist drama Khandahar right now and it's hard to say what the language of the film is. The characters speak in Malayalam, Hindi and English. I think cinema now transcends all linguistic barriers."

Priyadarshan, who is teaming with his favourite actor after eight years, said: "I've done 39 films with Mohanlal so far. For the last eight years we haven't worked together. I was busy doing remakes of Mohanlal films with Akshay Kumar. I thought it was high time that I did something again with the original. Mohanlal didn't even ask me what his role in the film was. That's the level of trust we have."
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 pm



Superstar Mammootty’s official website was hacked. The homepage showed a message that a hacker from Saudi Arabia has taken over control of the website.

However, the actor was able to restore his website the very next day

The hacker used the name ‘shoor’ and a game over note was left on homepage. Mammootty came to know about the hacking within a few minutes of the site being hacked .

He had taken security measures against hacking but the precautions were broken by the hacker.

Mammootty, was able to restore his website within a few hours after it was hacked.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Dileep's metro launched in style




Tamil star Sarath Kumar’s first solo hero project in Malayalam Metro produced by Dileep’s Grand Productions was launched in style at the Le Meridian in Kochi.

Superstar Mamootty launched the film. The first clap was by veteran director Joshy. Actor Dileep switched on the camera. Sarath Kumar could not attend the function due to the sudden demise of Tamil actor Murali, and as Nadigar Sangam chief he had to be present in Chennai.

Suresh Krishna , Nishanth Sagar, Director Bipin Prabhakar and screen play writer Vyasan Edavannakkad attended the function. The film will start rolling by September 18th at Kochi. The story revolves around the incidents during a night in Kochi. Rima Kallingal will do the female lead.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Nobody wrote:
Dileep's metro launched in style




Tamil star Sarath Kumar’s first solo hero project in Malayalam Metro produced by Dileep’s Grand Productions was launched in style at the Le Meridian in Kochi.

Superstar Mamootty launched the film. The first clap was by veteran director Joshy. Actor Dileep switched on the camera. Sarath Kumar could not attend the function due to the sudden demise of Tamil actor Murali, and as Nadigar Sangam chief he had to be present in Chennai.

Suresh Krishna , Nishanth Sagar, Director Bipin Prabhakar and screen play writer Vyasan Edavannakkad attended the function. The film will start rolling by September 18th at Kochi. The story revolves around the incidents during a night in Kochi. Rima Kallingal will do the female lead.
.....Thanks a lot ..

Nobodyyyyyyyy.........This man ......nammude Lakshmi yude [malayalam actress] daughterude Husband anu alle ...Sharat Kumar....


Last edited by blinkingstar on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 pm


Angane ----''Kuttysraank nu ''AWARD'' kitty !!!!!!!! congraaatssssssss ........ Chear1



Nobody wrote:
Kutty srank review
Director-Shaji N. Karun
Producer-Reliance Entertainments
Cinematographer-Anjali Shukla
Cast-Mammootty, Padmapriya, Kamalini Mukherjee, Meena Kumari




The rather eventful life of Kutty Sranku is being told through the versions narrated by three women, who came into his life, at various junctures. Director Shaji N Karun chooses to present the film in an almost in a conventional format, but an interesting one indeed.
The story begins with Revamma (Padmapriya) identifying Kutty Sranku's (Mammootty) dead body. The Sranku was once a confidant of her father, the rich and powerful Mooppan. She went to Sri Lanka to study medicine, came back after accepting Buddhist faith and could never forgive her father for killing her mother.

Pemmena (Kamalini Mukherjee) arrives at the police station where Sranku's body was kept, next. She came into the life of Sranku, when he was actively involved with a Chavittunatakam troupe led by Loni san (Suresh Krishna), who was her brother. She was attracted to Sranku, but he always ignored her romantic advances.

It was Kali (Meena Kumari), a mute woman, who stole Sranku's heart with her selfless love. She was regarded with contempt by all but Sranku realized her virtues. She was pregnant with the man's child by the time she came to identify him.

At just over two hours and fifteen minutes Kutty Sranku takes its own leisurely pace to unveil but then the film has its genuine moments. Still, you feel the film does make only a limited impact on the minds of the viewers, even when the end credits start rolling. Though the director has linked the three stories well, none of them makes much of an effect and narrating the stories one after the other in turn makes it mechanical to some extent.

But director Shaji N Karun has got things under control and has succeeded in giving an authentic feel to the whole film. The story steams ahead in a nice way but one gets the feeling that a tighter script could have made the film look more engrossing. The visuals by Anjali Shukla are attractive and the music by Isaac Thomas Kottukappilly suits the mood generally. The graphics, however, often looks out-of-place.

Though he has only limited dialogues, Mammootty comes up with an endearing performance and makes his mark with his subtle and restrained acting style. He looks genuinely handsome and that justifies why the women lose their hearts to his character so easily. All the three heroines have done their roles in an impressive way. Watch out for a scintillating show by Suresh Krishna, who has given his heart and soul to his character, Loni Asan.

The film touches your heart mostly with its earnest approach. In these times when trashy stuff is being marketed as spectacular films, Kutty Sranku is certainly different and is a great relief, no two ways about that. The film may not be perfect, but then it is at least worthwhile for any serious movie buff to sit and discuss about the merits or shortcomings of such sensible movies instead of wasting time on damp squibs.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:33 am

blinkingstar wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Dileep's metro launched in style




Tamil star Sarath Kumar’s first solo hero project in Malayalam Metro produced by Dileep’s Grand Productions was launched in style at the Le Meridian in Kochi.

Superstar Mamootty launched the film. The first clap was by veteran director Joshy. Actor Dileep switched on the camera. Sarath Kumar could not attend the function due to the sudden demise of Tamil actor Murali, and as Nadigar Sangam chief he had to be present in Chennai.

Suresh Krishna , Nishanth Sagar, Director Bipin Prabhakar and screen play writer Vyasan Edavannakkad attended the function. The film will start rolling by September 18th at Kochi. The story revolves around the incidents during a night in Kochi. Rima Kallingal will do the female lead.
.....Thanks a lot ..

Nobodyyyyyyyy.........This man ......nammude Lakshmi yude [malayalam actress] daughterude Husband anu alle ...Sharat Kumar....



Nope NoNo
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 am

Prithviraj new looks in Urumi











Santosh Sivan's tri-lingual period drama in Malayalam, Tamil & English Urumi is one of the biggest projects on floors. Prithviraj along with Santosh Sivan is producing the film under the banner of 'August Cinema'.
Prabhu Deva, Prithviraj and Nitya Menon star as the lead in this film, which has music by Deepak Dev. The English version is likely to have the title- The Boy who wanted to kill Vasco da Gama.


Urumi is the 8-ft long flexible sword that has been used in Kalari fights for a long time. Sankar Ramakrishnan, who had directed the promising short film Island Express in the Kerala Cafe anthology, has written the script.

The film, a bilingual, is set in the 15th century and will be made for the international audiences. The shoot of Urumi is progressing at Malshej Ghat in Maharashtra.

The sensational Tabu along with Vidya Balan is also a part of the film. Anjali Shukla who became the first women cinematographer to win the National Award recently for her camera work in Shaji Karun's Kutty Sranku is the cinematographer for the film.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 am

Shikar Mohanlal's comeback



Director-M. Padmakumar

Cast-Mohanlal,Ananya,Sneha

Finally, here is something to cheer about for Malayalam cinema. Mohanlal has made a fantastic comeback of sorts with director M Padmakumar's Shikar. It showcases the actor in a brilliant way, as a lorry driver with a nagging past.
This film is far from being perfect especially in its first half, but it has been packaged quite well. With some superb performances, brilliant visuals, reasonably engaging script and nice music, it takes you to an altogether different world and that too in a convincing manner.

Balaraman (Mohanlal) is a lorry driver, who has come to the forest area called Chittazha, where bamboo is cut during a particular season. He has a tragic past which continues to haunt him. He has pinned all his hopes on his foster-daughter, Ganga (Ananya), who is set to join a medical course. But his fears come true and certain dramatic happenings make his life miserable.

Looking back it is evident that there are not many surprises in store here, as Padmakumar narrates a simple and a highly predictable story. This is felt mainly in the first half, where the story roams around aimlessly for a while, with some cooked up comic situations and fight sequences that don't have much relevance thereafter. But things get more disciplined during the second half and that helps greatly in making a positive impact.

M Padmakumar has handled the storyline with a certain maturity and crafted it at an entertaining pace. S Suresh Babu's script has quite a few shortcomings for sure, but even then it has its strong moments. Manoj Pillai's camera and Ranjan Abraham's editing needs special mention. M Jayachandran's music is fine, but the problem is that the songs often stand out from the narrative.

Shikar belongs to Mohanlal, who underlines his legendary stature as an actor with a stunning performance. In a flawless display of his abundant talents, the actor has put his heart and soul into this character. His dialogue delivery, which has always been one of his main strengths, adds to the effect. For all his fans, this could be the one movie you were all waiting for!

Watch out for some spectacular performances, especially from Samuthirakani (the director of the Tamil hit Nadodigal, who has acted in Subramaniapuram) in a rather small but brilliant role as a Naxalite leader. The rest of the cast Lalu Alex, Kalabhavan Mani, Sneha, Thalaivasal Vijay, Jagathy Sreekumar and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy looked fine as well, but some of their characters are half-baked. Suraj Venjarammood, for instance, is there for a few scenes with his routine tricks that look pretty jaded by now.

With a slick presentation, it turns out to be a genuinely engrossing movie. Things could have been better for sure, but even in the current form, the film succeeds in keeping the viewer glued to the screen quite remarkably. Go for it!

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:55 am

Pranchiyettan and the saint



Director-Renjith
Music-Ouseppachan
Cast-Mammootty, Priyamani, Khushboo

After the peculiar ‘Thiruvananthapuram slang’ that worked wonders for him in Rajamanikyam, Mammootty has tried his luck with ‘Thrissur slang’ in Ranjith’s Pranchiyettan & the Saint. Well, it has done wonders once again.
The accented tone and the dialogues, which are top notch, are perhaps the best thing about the film as well. Mammootty has done the role of a simple man, having a golden heart, with honesty and conviction that makes it an enjoyable film.

Pranchiyettan or Cherammel Eenasu Francis (Mammootty) is a wealthy rice trader based in Thrissur. He has a great complex about not being enough educated and believes that it is the reason why he is not getting acceptance in the society like many others. Pranchi and his cronies try really hard to “buy” some recognition and respect, like the ‘Padmashri’ honour for instance.

The whole film comprises of all these incidents from his life that Pranchi narrates to St.Francis, who appears before him one night. His childhood sweetheart, Omana (Khushboo), is by now married to his rival, Dr.Jose (Siddique). Pranchi develops a soft corner for a girl named Padmashri (Priyamani) sometime later, but never have the courage to reveal his feelings to her.

In fact, the storyline is a mix of such issues that Pranchi come across at various points of time. But the problem is that most of them look a bit too trivial and that is true even when he deals with two important issues in the story, the one involving his feelings for the girl named Padmashri and the other, with a boy named Pauly (Master Ganapathy).

However what takes the film ahead is its packaging, which looks fresh, even when the story moves ahead mostly without a definite focus. Ranjith has done a decent job, considering the excellent dialogues that almost cover up the flaws in the script. His voice, which has been used for the Saint, has a captivating charm and has done wonders for the film. Venu’s camera and Ouseppachan’s music are among the highlights of the film.

In a role of a loser, of course except for the money that he makes aplenty, Mammootty excels as the extremely likeable Pranchiyettan. He looks convincing with his style, mannerisms and dialogue delivery. Innocent, who plays one of his chums, has done a brilliant job. Priyamani and Khushboo come up with fine performances, in their brief roles.

Pranchiyettan & the Saint scores mainly with its imaginative presentation, though it loses the steam to a great extent especially in the second half. Of course, it succeeds in providing quite a few genuine laughs and well, Mammootty’s brilliant performance provides an engrossing feel to the viewer. Have some fun watching this one!

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:59 am

Elsamma enna aankutty


Director-Lal Jose
Music-Rajamani
Cast-Ann Augustine, Kunchacko Boban, Indrajith

Director Lal Jose has set his latest film Elsamma Enna Aankutty in a sleepy high range village, interestingly called ‘Balan Pillai city’.
The protagonist Elsamma is a sweet, young girl, who has to act bold to take care of her ailing mom and young sisters. There is an inherent sincerity about the plot, but things look a bit far-fetched, with a weak script and a rather old fashioned narration.

Elsamma (debutante Ann Augustine) is quite a tomboy, distributing newspapers and dealing with wrong-doers in her capacity as the local reporter of a daily. She is friendly with Unnikrishnan (Kunchacko Boban), a milk vendor whom she has named ‘Paalunni’. He loves her but never has the courage to reveal his feelings for her.

There are quite a few characters in the film, which are caricatures of any such village. Like the landlord Kunnel Pappan (Nedumudi Venu), tea stall owner Balan Pillai (Janardhanan), a hooch trader (Vijayaraghavan), a marriage broker (Suraj Venjarammoodu), a Panchayat member (Jagathy Sreekumar) and so on.

The story soon takes a different turn with the arrival of Pappan’s grandson Eby (Indrajith) and his friends, from the city. Eby is smitten by Elsamma’s charms and that makes Paalunni insecure. But Elsamma is matured enough to handle it all.

Well, the storyline is too predictable, often melodramatic and things happen at a leisurely pace. Still, the film has quite a few nice moments which connect with the viewers, pretty well. Lal Jose has done a good job, with a storyline that resembles more like a tearjerker on the TV. The beauty of the high range area has been presented in a fine manner by Vijay Ulakanath and the music by Rajamani suits the mood mostly.

With a demanding role that requires her to look cute and tough at the same time, Ann Augustine has a great challenge at her hands, but she manages it fine. Kunchacko Boban has to look unkempt as a local milk-vendor which he does well and Indrajith performs the role of a Casanova in style. The rest of the cast too have done their roles nicely.

Elsamma Enna Aankutty looks a tad jaded for sure and could have been much better, but somehow Lal Jose has succeeded in moulding it into a decent entertainer, on final analysis. This one may not be in the league of some of the gems from the director, but his genuine intentions are written all over.

Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:02 am

Nobody wrote:
blinkingstar wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Dileep's metro launched in style




Tamil star Sarath Kumar’s first solo hero project in Malayalam Metro produced by Dileep’s Grand Productions was launched in style at the Le Meridian in Kochi.

Superstar Mamootty launched the film. The first clap was by veteran director Joshy. Actor Dileep switched on the camera. Sarath Kumar could not attend the function due to the sudden demise of Tamil actor Murali, and as Nadigar Sangam chief he had to be present in Chennai.

Suresh Krishna , Nishanth Sagar, Director Bipin Prabhakar and screen play writer Vyasan Edavannakkad attended the function. The film will start rolling by September 18th at Kochi. The story revolves around the incidents during a night in Kochi. Rima Kallingal will do the female lead.
.....Thanks a lot ..

Nobodyyyyyyyy.........This man ......nammude Lakshmi yude [malayalam actress] daughterude Husband anu alle ...Sharat Kumar....



Nope NoNo


Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Saarry ..... Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 am

Nobody wrote:
Elsamma enna aankutty


Director-Lal Jose
Music-Rajamani
Cast-Ann Augustine, Kunchacko Boban, Indrajith

Director Lal Jose has set his latest film Elsamma Enna Aankutty in a sleepy high range village, interestingly called ‘Balan Pillai city’.
The protagonist Elsamma is a sweet, young girl, who has to act bold to take care of her ailing mom and young sisters. There is an inherent sincerity about the plot, but things look a bit far-fetched, with a weak script and a rather old fashioned narration.

Elsamma (debutante Ann Augustine) is quite a tomboy, distributing newspapers and dealing with wrong-doers in her capacity as the local reporter of a daily. She is friendly with Unnikrishnan (Kunchacko Boban), a milk vendor whom she has named ‘Paalunni’. He loves her but never has the courage to reveal his feelings for her.

There are quite a few characters in the film, which are caricatures of any such village. Like the landlord Kunnel Pappan (Nedumudi Venu), tea stall owner Balan Pillai (Janardhanan), a hooch trader (Vijayaraghavan), a marriage broker (Suraj Venjarammoodu), a Panchayat member (Jagathy Sreekumar) and so on.

The story soon takes a different turn with the arrival of Pappan’s grandson Eby (Indrajith) and his friends, from the city. Eby is smitten by Elsamma’s charms and that makes Paalunni insecure. But Elsamma is matured enough to handle it all.

Well, the storyline is too predictable, often melodramatic and things happen at a leisurely pace. Still, the film has quite a few nice moments which connect with the viewers, pretty well. Lal Jose has done a good job, with a storyline that resembles more like a tearjerker on the TV. The beauty of the high range area has been presented in a fine manner by Vijay Ulakanath and the music by Rajamani suits the mood mostly.

With a demanding role that requires her to look cute and tough at the same time, Ann Augustine has a great challenge at her hands, but she manages it fine. Kunchacko Boban has to look unkempt as a local milk-vendor which he does well and Indrajith performs the role of a Casanova in style. The rest of the cast too have done their roles nicely.

Elsamma Enna Aankutty looks a tad jaded for sure and could have been much better, but somehow Lal Jose has succeeded in moulding it into a decent entertainer, on final analysis. This one may not be in the league of some of the gems from the director, but his genuine intentions are written all over.



Hai ....ithethu actress .......New face aanalle ...... Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:05 am

Yesudas to be given Sree Chithira Thirunal Award


The greatest Malayalam play singer KJ Yesudas has been selected for the prestigious Sree Chithira Thirunal Award for the year 2010.

The award has been conferred on the living legend for his outstanding contribution to Malayalam music world.

Please note the recipients of this award include former ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair, former National Security Advisor MK Narayanan, agriculturist MS Swaminathan and Mohanlal .

The award was instituted by the Sri Chithira Thirunal Trust in memory of the erstwhile King of Travancore and carries Rs One lakh and a citation

Shashi Tharoor the former diplomat and Thiruvananthapuram MP tweeted: “Congrats to singer KJ Yesudas on the 5th Sree Chitira Thirunal National Award for his contributions to music and society. The Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will present the award”.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:06 am

Nobody wrote:
Prithviraj new looks in Urumi











Santosh Sivan's tri-lingual period drama in Malayalam, Tamil & English Urumi is one of the biggest projects on floors. Prithviraj along with Santosh Sivan is producing the film under the banner of 'August Cinema'.
Prabhu Deva, Prithviraj and Nitya Menon star as the lead in this film, which has music by Deepak Dev. The English version is likely to have the title- The Boy who wanted to kill Vasco da Gama.


Urumi is the 8-ft long flexible sword that has been used in Kalari fights for a long time. Sankar Ramakrishnan, who had directed the promising short film Island Express in the Kerala Cafe anthology, has written the script.

The film, a bilingual, is set in the 15th century and will be made for the international audiences. The shoot of Urumi is progressing at Malshej Ghat in Maharashtra.

The sensational Tabu along with Vidya Balan is also a part of the film. Anjali Shukla who became the first women cinematographer to win the National Award recently for her camera work in Shaji Karun's Kutty Sranku is the cinematographer for the film.



Nobodyyyyy ....danke ....danke .....

Pretviraj ......nalla glamourilaanallo!!!!!! dance dance
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 am

Mammootty's "Doubles" start rolling


Mammootty’s long delayed debutant director Sohan Sinulal’s Doubles, in which Nadiya Moidu is to play his twin sister will start rolling in Pondicherry from November 15.

Tapseei, the Telugu and Tamil actress will debut in Malayalam with this film. Bollywood character actor Atul Kulkarni and Kannada actor Avinash will also play important roles.

The others in the supporting cast are Suraj Venjaranmoodu, Salim Kumar, Biju Menon and Anoop Chandran.

The story and screenplay will be written by Sachi and Sethu, Camera P Sukumaran. Vayalar Sarathchandra Varma’s lyrics will be tuned by James Vasanth. The film is being produced by KK Narayanadas.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:41 pm

VandeMatram bombs; Producer blames Mammootty



Pankaj Productions Henry, the producer of Mammootty’s Vande Matharam has made serious allegation against Mammooty after the film bombed miserably.

Henry in a television interview said: “The film was delayed because of Mammootty who lost interest in the project, and delayed its release. He sleep walked through the film and was wooden in action scenes especially the climax and could not do stunt scenes. “

Henry, said that due to all this, a large portion of the film had to be edited. Remember that Henry is a veteran producer and has made one of Mammootty’s best films of the 80’s, the KG George directed Yavanika.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Anwar audio is chartbuster


Amal Neerad directed Anwar audios have been selling like hotcakes.

Songs of this Prithviraj-Mamta starrer has just come to the market and Gopi Sundar the music director has created an impact.

Kizhakku Pookum and Kanninima Neele are the hot favourites in the album and is being shown on television channels. The song sequences are a visual treat which has helped the sale of audios.

Gopi Sundar is a Amal Neeraj favourite and was in charge of his Sagar alias Jacky , which did not work big time. Still Amal kept his faith in Gopi and now he has delivered a chartbuster with Anwar, which has lyrics written by Rafeeque Ahmed.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm

wow!!!!!! danke ....danke .... dance dance Nobodyyyyy ..........

Rolling Eyes Mammoottyude ''vandhematharam'' pottiyaaa ....... Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Rohini plays jayasurya's Mom!!!!

Director Leo Thadevoos of Pachamarathanalil is back with Payyans produced by P.A. Naushad. It has Jayasurya in the lead, with a new get up.

One of the highlights of the film is that Rohini yester year heroine is playing Jayasurya’s mother while director, producer, distributor and actor Lal will be seen as his father. The others in the cast are Jagathy, Saikumar, Suraj Venjaramoodu and Guinness Pakru. Alphonse scores the music.

Payyans is a an emotional take on mother and son relationship laced with humour and sentiments. In the film Jayasurya plays an unemployed youth who starts many businesses but fails in all of them.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Oops!!!!!!Appazhekkum Nobody sthalam vitto ...... Cool
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
avatar

Posts : 75
Points : 2700
Join date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:58 pm

blinkingstar wrote:
wow!!!!!! danke ....danke .... dance dance Nobodyyyyy ..........

Rolling Eyes Mammoottyude ''vandhematharam'' pottiyaaa ....... Wink Wink

Njan ivideyundaayirinnu kandille!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
avatar

Posts : 2295
Points : 5620
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Nobody wrote:
blinkingstar wrote:
wow!!!!!! danke ....danke .... dance dance Nobodyyyyy ..........

Rolling Eyes Mammoottyude ''vandhematharam'' pottiyaaa ....... Wink Wink

Njan ivideyundaayirinnu kandille!! Very Happy Very Happy


OK ....OKK.... Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
News - Film News!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» get your sick bucket ready http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tony-parsons-column-madeleine-mccann-809404
» Good news/bad news, guys: Women don’t care about penis size — but they do have opinions about your pubic hair
» Global News, 16:9 - Cyber Seduction Documentary (42 Year Old Mom & Teacher Turned Internet Predator)
» Breaking News: 4-Year-Old Boy Stabbed To Death At SE London Family Home
» McCann's Outburst Towards Press - Guerrilla Democracy News

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
family :: Entertainment & Sports-
Jump to: